Scam Alert – Cyber Monday is coming and scammers will take advantage!
Savvy criminals are getting ready to celebrate the holiday season just like we are. The difference is, they plan to fund their holiday with your bank account. Hackers go into scam-overdrive mode during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
So, what is a serious cyber-shopper to do? Cut up your credit cards before those scammers get their hands on the information? Take all of your cash and hide it under the bed? We suggest you give the list below a try!
Follow these tips:
- Watch for too-good-to-be-true coupons that offer complimentary phones or tablets across the websites you visit.
- Be cautious of emails that you were not expecting.
- Hover over a link before you click it to see where it leads.
- Watch out for alerts via email or text that you just received a package from FedEx, UPS or the US Mail, and then asks you for some personal information. Don’t enter anything without double-checking the legitimacy of the email first.
- Remember to only use credit cards online, never debit cards.
- THINK before you CLICK on any link, especially one that seems out of place.
- Be wary of bulk email with crazy good BUY NOW offers and anything that looks slightly “off”.
If you think you might have been scammed, stay calm and
call your credit card company, cancel that card, and get a new one.